Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Interactive Notebooks-Tiered!

Sorry everyone, I have been so busy and once again time got away from me,but I have a great freebie for you!  As we all know interactive notebooks are very popular right now. I have been using them for the past three years and love them!  SO...what I did was combine interactive notebooks with differentiation. 


There are two ways that I differentiate my notebook activities.  One way is that I just change the numbers on the same activity.  Depending on the students needs and of course a pre assessment I use numbers that they need to be working on.

Here is an example of differentiating the same journal with different numbers:

The other way I have been differentiating my journals is to scaffold the task level of independence. Some students need different tasks and their level of independence may vary as well.  Therefore, I change the task and sometimes even the numbers for each activity.  This way takes a little more time but may be needed if you have a greater variety of needs in your classroom.

Here is one way I would scaffold the activities level of independence for this task:

In this example I kept the number range the same but changed the task to meet the students level of independence.   Of course you can change the numbers as well as scaffold the tasks activity.

To meet the needs of your students I have included a master of each example, PLUS, a blank one for each activity so you could fill in your own numbers.  Just click on the link below to get your own copy!  Enjoy and I welcome feedback and comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment